Sunday 10 November 2019

YouTube Update

Hi Guys!
A little update about the YouTube presentation. So we decided as a group that we would each film a day in our lives at college and make a video with all three of us in it. So this post will be all about the video and what we did and what we're gonna do. 

So I started off my day as normal but of course, I had to vlog every minute of it, well, try to anyway. A vlog is a genre of YouTube videos, it is short for a video blog. You can have a sit-down vlog, a daily vlog, and many others! Basically, you’re just telling the camera about stuff that happened or you’re bringing your camera around with you and filming your day. This is what we decided to do, we thought it would be very interesting to show our daily lives to people. Even for each other to see how our day varies. Yes, we are in the same course and class so all our classes are the same but that could be the only thing we have in common. 

I wasn’t very good at vlogging, I kept forgetting to film. When I did remember to film it was usually in places I couldn’t just whip my phone out and start talking to it. I really think though this mission brought me out of my comfort zone. Before doing this I would never even think about vlogging in public. It is a scary concept to me, people look at you like you’re crazy just sitting/walking-talking to your phone and filming yourself hahaha. So the times I did vlog was in the morning, as I was leaving for the bus, at lunch, on the train home and when I got home that evening. Thursday (which was when I filmed the vlog) was the busiest day I could’ve picked, we were off Friday in college due to the graduations being held so I was going back home to Roscommon straight after college. So, of course, I forgot to vlog after college and didn’t remember to vlog again until I was on the train home. I tried to get a bit of footage while on the train and it was packed with people so it was the best I could do hahaha.
I did gain a bit of confidence while doing it though, I just had to realize who cares what people think. You’re doing this and you’re having fun which I think is the main thing. I also kind of felt like what it would be like to be an actual YouTuber. Obviously on a smaller scale but still felt it. 

I’m very happy I picked this topic and I’m happy I had to pair up with people I didn’t speak to before this as it added something different to it. I’m nervous but excited to see how the presentation goes on Wednesday morning. I’m very nervous to see how the video turns out and if people like it or think it’s silly. But hey, we tried our best and put our all into it and that’s all that matters. 
Thanks for reading,
Talk soon,
Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment