Friday 29 November 2019

Culture Mission Reflection


 Hi, guys!
This mission really did open my eyes, especially about the downsides to YouTube. I knew there were downsides, as every social media has but I didn’t think much into it.  Overall though, I think I did learn a lot doing this research and presentation. I did actually research into vlog styles too and seeing about cameras and everything. I decided to just use my phone to vlog as I didn’t want to carry around my big camera, it was very big and I was afraid I would’ve dropped it. I also learned that these types of things are much easier when you actually have an interest and a previous knowledge on the topic! 

As I researched the downside to YouTube is the whole situation of monetization. YouTube really need to find a better technique to sort out what is “advertiser” friendly and what is not! Some of the words that get you instantly demonetized are very strange. Obviously, some make sense and that’s fine but words like Brazil, Gays and New Zealand are just a bit strange. I don’t see why they would be instantly flagged as not advertiser-friendly. But this is down to the software (bot) they use, it sees a word and instantly thinks it’s bad. Obviously, you can get this problem looked at if you think your video is advertiser-friendly, but you have to hit a certain amount of views in the next 24 hours for an actual person to look at this. 
I think I could’ve done a bit more, especially down to the fact I kept forgetting to vlog. I think if I was to vlog more of my day and give better content. Hopefully, though our class will enjoy our video and think it’s good. It’s hard to tell how a video will do until you actually see how it does. I think this is down to being your own worst critique. I think if I started a bit earlier it would’ve been better and I wouldn’t have rushed. I didn’t rush too much but still at points I was stressed trying to do everything at once. 

I think the three of us in the group worked well together. We didn’t argue about anything and everything was clear on what to do from the get-go! We all agreed on what to do straight away, so I’m very happy about that. It honestly could’ve gone horribly as none of us was friends before this started and I really didn’t know anything about them apart from their names before this. I think this is a great opportunity to get to know people. 

Although there are downsides to YouTube it obviously has its perks, getting paid to post a video of you having fun and just showing people your day really is great. It’s not the best money but what do you expect? I also learned a lot about the history of YouTube, I use the app daily but really didn’t know much about it's passed except for YouTubers who have been posting for years, almost since the beginning of it. 

Overall, I am very happy with all the work and I hope you can see the hard work I’ve put in between the blogs, the slides, the video and the reflection. I do think I have done better in this than the last mission and hopefully, in the next mission, I can do even better again!  
Thanks for reading!!
Talk soon, 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment